Email Subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, January 14, 2019

Things Nobody Told You About Football and it’s history HISTORY OF FOOTBALL, ABOUT FOOTBALL – LEARN MORE BY VIMAL THILAK


ABOUT FOOTBALL-
Things Nobody Told You About Football and it’s history HISTORY OF FOOTBALL, ABOUT FOOTBALL – LEARN MORE BY VIMAL THILAK
Football is world’s favorite game. It’s called soccer in the United States and Canada.
It is a team sport played between two teams of eleven players each with a spherical ball. It is played in 200 countries. The game is played on a rectangular field with a goal at each end of the pitch. The object of the game is to score at the opposite Goal end.
Players are not allowed to touch the ball with their hands or arms while it is in play, goalkeepers can use their hands and they guard the goal by not letting the goal at their post end. The team with the higher goal than the opponent is the winner. If at the end of the time, the score is level then either a draw is called or the game runs into extra time or a penalty shootout depending on the format of the competition. The match is officiated by 4 referees. 2 linesmen at each half of the pitch to decide on the offside and foul committed and one field referee who runs on the field. The other is the one who initiates and monitors the extra time of the play and who initiates the substitution
A standard adult football match consists of two half’s of 45 minutes each, known as halves. Each half is played continuously; the clock is not stopped when the ball is out of play. There is generally a 15-minute half-time break between halves. The end of the match is known as full-time. The referee is the official timekeeper for the whole match.

HISTORY

Football history spans more than 100 years. It was started in 1863 in England. Although it was initially a popular peasant game, over a period it has become the most popular sport in the world.
Football like the sport was played in the ancient times; A kind of Football was also played in China in the second and third century BC during the period of the Han dynasty. In Japan, football-like sport can be traced to some 500 to 600 yrs.
In Greece dating back, some 700-800 years. It is believed that the Romans had taken the sport to other countries including  England.
Disclaimer: I do not own any rights to the images used, it solely belongs to the copyright holder. Please note that no part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

16 comments:

  1. Football is such a great game that has gained popularity over the years and honestyle, I do love the sport too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a sports fan particularly but I do watch football when it's the world cup or something big. Interesting post, thanks for the info x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having 3 Sons, football is very big in our house. Me and my Daughter are outnumbered when football is on r being talked about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am not a major sports fan myself. grew up watching cricket and tennis mainly but do enjoy watching the fifa matches with family

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a big football fan myself but my family just love it! These are very intresting facts for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting read, not a big fan of football myself, will definitely leave that to my father in law!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of football but for me this is one of the great sports thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize how long ago this sport started! I'm not a huge fan of watching any sports honestly but you did a great job outlining football here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Football is definitely a great game! I'm already longing for EURO-2020 and the World Cup 2022 ))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am absolutely fascinated by the history of sports like this! It's so cool to see how things have evolved and changed over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is always interesting to read about the history of sports. I love football and a few other sports too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quick overview of football! I grew up in Germany, so I might think that's where it was invented. Now living in the US, it seems funny that it appears to be an outsider sport here when it's so important in most countries.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am afraid to say that I am not a fan of any sport but swimming. I still enjoy reading your post and learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  14. For lovers of football like me...thanks to having brothers around...I must say that the game is so popular and greatly appreciate by many.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I played soccer when I was little. But, when I watched it as a professional sport later on in life, I understood it more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome write up.. This is one sports i have never fully connected to, not that i dont understand it but i want to understand it more, so that i will be able to talk about the game with friends.

    ReplyDelete